Quality education is CI’s primary focus for helping children in general and orphans and vulnerable children in particular. This is achieved by collaborating with private / public stakeholders and has the following components
- Mainstreaming of orphans and vulnerable children and promoting girl education.
- Remedial education for children with low competency levels (drop outs, never enrolled, child labourers etc.)
- Community mobilization programs to make teachers, parents and the community aware of their role in imparting quality education to children and to bridge the gap especially between parents and teachers.
- Teacher workshops to build the capacities of the teachers to adopt modern tools and methods of pedagogy so that teachers can deliver quality education.
- Teacher incentivisation and motivation programs
- School Libraries and Playground support. Night classes / Non-Formal Education
- Modern classrooms using technology and interactive infrastructure
MOU with Department of School Education (DSEK): CHINAR collaborated with DSEK through its Education Bridge initiative in mainstreaming of vulnerable children and providing quality education. This includes activities like remedial education, community mobilization, teacher training – sensitization – motivation – incentivisation – resource and other related infrastructure support like libraries and playgrounds. CHINAR initially adopted 6 schools from five districts viz. Srinagar, Budgam, Anantnag, Kulgam and Shopian covering 800 children.
Warwan Valley Intervention:
CHINAR is supporting 600 children in 3 villages of Warwan valley through remedial education, health and hygiene.